Wednesday 26 June 2013

Assignment 2 - Application of design idea

I have now started to put together my design ideas. while doing the experimenting it was always in the back of my head and I had a few ideas that I jotted down but now that I am sitting down and putting ideas together I am finding that I am not happy with them and not sure which way to go. Also I have found that I am not happy with the colours in my sketch book. They are a reflection of the colours that I was drawing but I feel that the colours would look dull and dated.

While looking through the latest edition of Elle decoration I come across a colour scheme that I really like and feel would bring my designs up to date. It is yellow, green, black and white. I saw a top the over day that I love in H&M that was the same colours. its is fresh, bold and bright. So I think I will use this in my design.





 
Pages from July 2013 edition of Elle Decoration
 
Here are the design that I came up with. Some are better than others! I ended up having two final ideas that I liked. The first was the nuts and bolts idea and another based of a photo of a sand mill.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment