Wednesday 30 January 2013

Using Flour - paste resist

This week I have been doing the last of my Samples. I have been trying flour-paste resist. I felt that this technique would give the lace like quality I am trying to achieve in my printing sample. The first couple of samples  did not work very well, I must of over scrunched the fabric or the flour paste was not thick enough ( i am going to still use these). So the paint seeped into the fabric and didn't give the design that I want. so I have tried again putting a thicker paste on the fabric and not over scrunching and it is looking much  better. Tomorrow I well wash the paste off and see. This process is quite time consuming as it has been taking me 3 day to complete the technique on the fabric, most of the time is taken up with drying the fabric. Once this is done I am going to lino print a design on top.

The samples that didn't work!!

 
 
Here is my samples with the flour-paste resist still on and the fabric paint drying.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment