Wednesday 18 June 2014

Assignment 4 - Project 1

Well again it has been a while since I added an entry onto the blog. I have been busy with Christmas and job hunting. So finally Christmas is over, I have a few days before I get back into the job hunting full time and the school runs start again so I have managed to find a spare few hours to look at this assignment. As usual I am starting my assignment a little late so I doubt that I will get it to my tutor by the deadline date!

So I started off looking at the internet and doing a little research on the ten artists in part one of this project: Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh, Leon Bakst, Ethel Mairet, Anni Albers, Lucienne Day, Magdalena Abakanowicz, Zandra Rhodes, Judy Chicago, issey Miyake and Tracey Emins. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to tackle this task, but the other night, I came up with the idea to do a spider diagram to put the main points and historical notes and images for the artist that I felt were important. This way I felt that I had a quick reference on one page on the artists for me to refer back to.

After doing this exercise I have now moved onto stage 2. It took me a while to decide which artist I was going to write about. There were artist that I defiantly did not want to write about like Judy Chicago. I was drawn to Magdalena Abakanowicz (found her Abakans really interesting), Lucienne Day and Tracey Emin ( I find her work uncomfortable but intriguing). So I have decided to write about Lucienne Day and look at images by Tracey Emin and Magdalena Abakanowicz in stage 3.

I can not get to the library till probably Monday so I will do some internet research and look through the books that I have until then. I will also do my short list of 6 Artist of my own choose for Project 2 and choose the images for studying ready so I can also find the books I need when in the library on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment