Wednesday 16 October 2013

Assignment 3 - Review

Firstly do I feel that my finished samples fulfilled my expectations and fully explored the topic of reveal and conceal, light and transparency. Yes I do feel that my sample fulfils my expectations, although I would have liked to have worked on the tree sample a little more and push the idea examining overlay the image, using different coloured lights. I feel that I did explore the topic reveal and conceal fully but could have examined light and transparency more. In all my sample I made sure I was always thinking about the brief and whether my sample was about revealing, concealing or light and transparency. I do feel that there is a lot more that I could explore on this topic. I am really happy with the other two samples that I produced. I think the concealed sign really worked well and I would like to do more work on this in my sketchbook at some time as I love the way the letter are concealed. I feel the seaweed sample is really fun especially the netting technique used for the seaweed. I would like to explore the way seaweed can be more transparent when exposed to light.
 
When choosing the materials, I was thinking more about the effects that I wanted to achieve and whether the sample was reveal or conceal then I looked at the quality. 
 
Once I had chosen my image /ideas. I then referenced back to my sample and found the techniques that would give me the effect that I was looking at achieving and then looked at what material I wanted to use.
 
I really enjoyed this assignment and as usual wish I could have dedicated more time to explore the subject more. I enjoy the process of creating images using different technique and fabrics. Also exploring what I can do with different fabric.
 
I am really enjoying this course but it is unfortunate that I have had to rush some of my work because of other commitments. I am hoping that I can spend more time on the last two assignments and do a lot more work in my sketch book as I am still lacking in this area.


No comments:

Post a Comment