Tuesday 15 October 2013

Assignment 3 - Reveal and conceal

As usual I have left writing on my blog to the end of my assignment, but time again has been an issue while doing this assignment.

So I started off researching the artists suggested in the course instructions. I have always loved looking that the work of the NUNO Corporation it is so interesting looking at what they can do with fabric. I have also been thinking and looking around at objects and images that I could use for this project and one thought I had was seaweed, it can be transparent when held up to the light but also conceals as well. A few of the pieces of work by Yuh Okano reminded me of this. Also I found the sketch books of Reiko Sudo very interesting, the way the pages are cut into.

I also found Caroline Broadhead and Norma Starzakowna interesting. I found the way Caroline Broadhead really interesting and wanted to try and put that idea into my work. There is some thing eerie and tranquil at the same time about her work. I have always been interested in texture and textiles that have a touchy feely quality and Norma Starzakowna's work has this.

So I after doing the research and having more of a feeling of what the assignment was about I set about working on the workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment