Tuesday 15 October 2013

Assignment 3 - Stage 4 & 5

I then Started on finding some images that I thought would work for the reveal and conceal theme, here are some of the photos that I took.

 
I took the photo of the church as I like the refection in the glass and I thought the post was interesting.




 I thought the flaking paint would be interesting for revealing, I thought the different colours and shapes were interesting.

Then I came across these sign, The paint was cracking and flaking off and the dirt and moss was concealing the words.








 
I was looking into the garden and the eucalyptus tree at the top of the garden jumped out at me. It was beautiful against the blue sky and I felt the as a silhouette is would be a wonderful image to use.

 
I also had some old photos that I took of seaweed on water breaks.




So I chose a couple of images and came up with some drawing and ideas.

This sample was more about the silhouette, I wanted to use the idea of Reiko Sudo if cutting into paper and the burning hole samples. I chose a transparent fabric so that light can shine though and create a shadow against the wall. I also chose a light weight fabric as it will move when hung and the image will sway like a tree does.




 
 
Here is the silhouette that the sample creates
 


 
 
I then look at the sign and wanted to look a concealment and the way the letter are conceal by the moss growing on the sign. I used different technique that I had learnt from the workshops to create the final sample.
 
 
 
Lastly I used the Seaweed photo that I had of seaweed concealing a water break on the beach. I used the netting techniques to create the seaweed as well as sewn water soluble fabric and a little platted laminated fabric for a bit of structure.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment