Thursday 14 February 2013

Reflection on Assignment 1

Do your finished sample fulfil your expectations?
 
I am more please with some samples more than others. I feel that the printing samples met my expectation the most. I think this was because the technique enble me to express the vision that I had more sucessfully.
 
To what extent do they reflect the initial research that you untook for this? Can you see a clear line of progression from source material to preliminary ideas and finished samples or did you have to change direction at ny point?
 
If you were to just look at the finished samples I don't think that anyone would see the lace link but if you see all the work you can see a clear line of progression. From my research that developed into looking at lace in natural forms and then the drawing that then developed into the finish samples/designs.
 
Did you make the right choices and decisions when selecting and developing your ideas?
 
Yes I think I did make the right choices aand decisions for this assignment, but I had many other ideas and could have taken it into other directions that involved the lace more.
 
How important was the choice of material in terms of determining the qualitities that you achieved?
 
I feel that it was important, I feel that the quality of my samples would have been better if I was able to get the fabrics that I wanted, I had to use what fabric I had to hand. The samples gave the vision that I wanted but if I was to refine the samples more and use them to make a finish product I would change the calico that I used to something softer. 
 
How did your choice of colour contribute to the overall result?
 
I feel that the colour I chose which was the colours of the leaves was important to give the decaying which was where I saw the lace pattern. I feel that other colours would not have given it the same feel and that black/ grey and white would have work which is another on trend colour but would have been too flat in this instance. Maybe a more varied range of browns would made the designs more interesting.
 
Did you try the brainstorming exercise? If so, did you find it useful?  
 
Yes I did use the brainstorming exercise and do find it useful. I have alway using this technique for getting ideas down on paper quickly. It helps me focus on the project and develop ideas. In this instance I was able to focus on what I actually liked about lace and what part I wanted to develop.
 
 
Overall I feel that the assigment went well but length of time that it took made it feel disjoined and sometime I lost a flow in the ideas which I feel you can see in the samole development.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment